This three months course offers you the opportunity to train to be a motorcycle mechanic and at a pace that works for you. Here, you are tutored to acquire both theoretical and practical skills.
You have the privilege to be trained with all sorts of motorbikes running with single cylinder engines from 250cc and below.
By completing the course trainees should have acquired the following skills
- Workshop safety rules and precautions
- Operation of all systems found in the motorbike
- All types of services and maintenance
- Correct use of mechanic tools and equipment
- Trouble shooting and symptoms identification
At the end of the training, we search for attachments in some companies for the students so as to perfect their skills and gain more courage in themselves.
After doing all this activities, trainees are issued with certificates and they are ready to get employed in various companies or employ themselves.
- Troubleshoot, perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs
- Work with engines, ignition systems and electrical circuits
- Inspect and repair frames, steering, and suspension
- Work with brakes, wheel assemblies, and tires
The Minimum Entry Requirement for this course is evidence of Primary School Education, Sixteen (16) Years of age OR Any other equivalent.
EXAMINING BODY: NITA
DURATION: 6 Months
REQUIREMENTS: KNEC CERTIFICATE/ SKILLED WORKER/RESULT SLIP