The Electrical Wireman course at MTTI provides you with real practical skills and industry-recognized qualifications that will enable you gain employment after the first stage of training.
The course is for primary and secondary school leavers who are ready and willing to acquire electrical knowledge and skills.
It is a one year training course where trainees are imparted with both theory and practical skills in electrical installation, both domestic and industrial, depending on the level of education.
Upon completion of the course, learners should acquire the following electrical skills:-
- Safety and workshop safety practice
- Drawing and wiring of different types of electrical wiring systems
- Correct use of electrical tools and equipment
- Simple electrical calculation
- Testing, repair and maintenance of electrical installations/appliances
By doing all these, trainees should be able to sit for National exam under National Industrial Training Authority NITA grade 3.
EXAMINING BODY: NITA
DURATION: 1 year
REQUIREMENTS: KNEC CERTIFICATE/ SKILLED WORKER/RESULT SLIP